Do you suffer from Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus lining that prevents normal mucus drainage through the nose. This blockage causes mucus to build up in the sinuses and can lead to very uncomfortable symptoms.
Sinusitis symptoms may include:
- Sinus pressure and congestion
- Sinus Headache
- Facial pain
- Tenderness and swelling around the eyes, cheeks, nose and forehead
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Loss of the sense of smell or taste
- Yellow or green mucus from the nose
- Teeth pain
- Sore throat from nasal discharge
- Bad breath
Facts About Sinusitis
- Sinusitis affects approximately 14% of the adult U.S. population.
- Sinusitis affects 17% of women and 10% of men each year.
- Chronic sinusitis (not including acute sinusitis) results annually in an estimated 7 million physician office visits.
- Up to 60% of patients are not successfully treated with sinus medication. When medical management methods are not enough to relieve patients’ symptoms, sinus surgery may be recommended.
Balloon Sinuplasty in the News
Dr. Freedman was recently featured in Hometown Health TV, speaking about the benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty.